The National Park was opened in 1898 at the instigation of then-president Paul Kruger. After hunters had considerably decimated the originally rich game stock, all the land between the Sabie and the Crocodile Rivers was put under the protection of Nature Conservation to ensure the survival of the remaining animals. Only as recently as 1961 was the extended Kruger Park fenced in.
The park stretches from the Crocodile River in the south up to the Limpopo River, which is the international border in the north. Altogether it is 350 km long, 65 km wide and comprises an area of about 20,000 sq km.
Named after Colonel Stephenson Hamilton, who was instrumental in establishing the world famous Kruger National Park, Hamilton’s Tented Camp reflects a safari adventure of the early twentieth century, where grace and style were the epitome luxurious living.
Each Luxury tent has a romantic slipper bath & outdoor shower overlooking the Ngwenyeni Dam, timber walkways, air-conditioning & silver service.
Images and text sourced from BushBreaks & More – Kruger National Park Game Lodge